Monday, November 7, 2016

Week 11: Keep pressing forward and find joy in the journey!

Greetings!!
 P-day exploring


I had the opportunity to go on exchanges with Elder Balmforth this week and lead an area. We worked well together and saw many miracles, but it is definitely a little more difficult to lead an area than to have a trainer there to guide you.

I passed off the first part of track A and started language track B this week (I'm moving into everyday vocabulary). It's really a lot of fun to learn Chinese. There's so much depth to it; it's really quite a beautiful language.

We found a family of 14 this week!! Unheard of...a mom, dad, and 12 kids. We're going to try to meet with them this next week. I know the gospel can bless their lives in marvelous ways if they're willing.
I cut my hair myself
Reed turns 19 on November 27th
Here is his address:
We rearranged the apartment (think 4 guys and 2 couches in an elevator)




Commercial Christmas came early to Asia (McDonalds already has the tree, the lights, and the music going full tilt). The sunrises here are absolutely gorgeous...I would argue the best in the world if I was more well-traveled. Fast Sunday was truly a wonderful and uplifting experience, but in the future I think I would prefer if our last meal didn't come from a 7/11 ;) I've also discovered that the mosquitoes are a big fan of me (ten bites on my right hand sent a clear message).
Rice ball for breakfast
More good food


We offered a couple of free car washes this week. The first wasn't a huge success. We had one moped come in. I though about how this related to the gospel. We invited everyone. The Savior invites all to come unto Him. Yet, not all accept. In fact, sometimes there's only the one who is willing to heed His call. However, it is worth it for the one. The Savior atoned for all mankind, but He would have done it all for you, and you alone...
Luke 15:4-6 "What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it? And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost." 
D&C 18: 10,11,15,16 "Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God;
For, behold, the Lord your Redeemer suffered death in the flesh; wherefore he suffered the pain of all men, that all men might repent and come unto him. And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father! And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!"

I've learned a lot both about and from listening this week. Listening is vital to any good relationship and is really something of a skill that requires work and effort to develop. As I've worked to actively listen to our investigators, other missionaries, and the Spirit, I've gained much.
Good teaching=listening. 
Good relationships=listening. 
 Listening=love and humility.
more from P-day




We had interviews with President Jergensen this week. It was wonderful to sit down with him for a few minutes. He's an inspired leader, and we're blessed to have him. He related my mission to a voyage. He talked about how a boat is directed by the slight movements of the rudder, but that you could move the rudder all day long and it wouldn't do any good if the boat was simply sitting in the harbor. I've been seeking direction from the Lord for some time now. President encouraged me to keep moving forward so that I can be led by the Lord. I thought about a voyage more...there are times when there's simply a lot of open water to cover and you've simply got to keep chugging along until you get to where more technical steering is needed. I'm going to press forward. Despite storms and a great distance to cover, I will continue pressing forward. I know there is hope and happiness on the horizon whether it is in view or not. 

1 Ne.11:17 "And I said unto him: I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things."  Focus on that which you do know. Trust God. Have faith in the future.

Keep pressing forward and find joy in the journey!!! Thank you for your prayers and support! I'm praying for you! 

All is well,
Elder Dickson

No comments:

Post a Comment